These are the 7 PROVEN ways to increase your metabolism and burn MORE Fat while sitting, driving, or sleeping. By boosting your resting metabolic rate you can lose weight and experience more fat loss throughout the day as well as overnight. This video will show you how to burn extra calories without having to work out harder.
📲 FREE Diet/Workout Calculator:
🔥 6 Week Fat Loss Challenge:
1. Thyroid hormones regulate thermogenesis:
2. 35% of the global population doesn’t get enough iodine:
See Table 3.6, page 12.
3. “It is a myth (often also false advertising) that “natural” sea salt contains significant amounts of iodine.”
3.5 Sea salt and table salt have the same basic nutritional value, despite the fact that sea salt is often promoted as being healthier. Sea salt and table salt contain comparable amounts of sodium by weight.
4. Zinc and Selenium play a role in the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 into its active form, T3:
5. “ZD2 had a substantial increase in RMR of 527 kcal/day at 2 months, with a subsequent increase of 465 kcal/day at 4 months.”
6. Two hours of cold exposure at 19 °C with light-clothing and intermittently putting their legs on an ice block, energy expenditure increased by hundreds of calories in some men
See figure 2a
Citation for the graph: Yoneshiro et al., 2010
7. Brown fat is located around the neck and shoulders, so it may be a good idea to target these areas when taking cold showers:
8. Taking a cold shower before bed can help you fall asleep faster:
8.5. Cold Exposure
9. “The diet providing a total of 15-30 g MCT per day stimulating 24-h EE by 5%”
10. Consuming Mct’s may boost your metabolism for over 6 hours
See figure 1.
Citation: Scalfi et al., 1991
11. Lauric acid raises Hdl (good) cholesterol and improves total-to-hdl ratio, which actually decreases cardiovascular risk:
12. “Replacement of LCTs with MCTs in the diet could potentially induce modest reductions in body weight and composition without adversely affecting lipid profiles”
13. “Drinking 500 ml of water increased metabolic rate by 30%”
14. Two separate studies both demonstrated an increase by up to 25% in resting energy expenditure, one hour after drinking cold water.:
15. However not all evidence supports the theory for water boosting the metabolic rate.:
16. Capsaicin can increase metabolism by activating brown adipose tissues:
17. Evidence shows that chili peppers can promote fat-oxidation and support your metabolism while in energy restriction.:
18. Capsaicin improves the feeling of fullness and thus can reduce your desire to eat after dinner:
19. “DIT values are highest for protein (~15-30%), followed by CHOs (~5-10%) and fat (~0-3%)”
20. Protein helps you maintain muscle while you get leaner:
21. Each pound does burn about six to eight calories per day:
22. Bodybuilders had a 14% higher metabolism than a similar control group (see chart):