Session 3: Medication-Assisted Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
Moderator: Dr. Gilberto Gerra, Chief, Drug Prevention and Health Branch, UNODC
• WHO Guidelines and Tools on Diagnosis and Management of Substance Use Disorders, Dr. Vladimir Poznyak, World Health Organization (WHO)
• (0:21:11) Using Medication-Assisted Treatment to Treat Opioid Use Disorder: Learning from Past Experience to Guide Policy, Mark Parrino, M.P.A., President, American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, Inc.
• (0:38:30) Naltrexone for Opioid Use Disorders: Oral, Implantable and Injectable, Evgeny Krupitsky, M.D., Ph.D., D.Med.Sci, Chief, Department of Addictive Disorders, Bekhterev State Psychoneurological Research Institute
• (0:52:47) Promising Pharmacological Treatments of Stimulant Use Disorder: Time for Translation to Clinical Practice, Dr. Adam Bisaga, Professor of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center & Research Scientist at the New York State Psychiatric Institute
• (1:11:26) Is Agonist Opioid Treatment Long Enough? The Role of Craving and Psychopathology, Dr. Icro Maremmani, Professor of Drug Addiction Medicine at the School of Psychiatry of the University of Pisa, Italy